Thursday, December 18, 2008

Biltong and Blessings!

Well, I have officially made my first batch of biltong! It was quite a process, but at at least I made 'stokkies', so it went quite quickly. The kids (and Angus), are quite impressed, infact, Emily has just had a piece and I quote: "I love this biltong, Mom." My first batch turned out to only be about 300g and cost about $10 (that is about R70), but considering you can buy a 100g packet already made for $7, it was quite a saving. I think I will definitely make a bigger batch next time, as this one will probably not last the day - my kids are devouring it.



Blessings!
Driving home this morning, after dropping Angus at the train station, I was struck again by how awesome it is and how blessed we feel to be living here. The little town where we stay is so beautiful - especially the water estate where our home is. Our local 'pigeon' is the seagull and almost every evening we are graced by the most beautiful sunsets.


These photos were taken last night, the colours were just awesome. God's colour pallette is definitely not a limited one.


To see more photos, go to my Aussie Sunsets blog - follow the link on the right side of the page.



More blessings:
One of the many blessings when living far from family and friends is Skype, I am so thankful that the brainy people out there invented the Internet and all its' communication tools. Here is a picture of my mom during one of our daily chats. For those of you not on Skype, make a plan, it is such a great way to keep up to date on everyone's lives.




1 comment:

Bron said...

Hey Sharon,

I'm so happy for you guys that you are so happy and are experiencing God's blessings in such a joyful and thankful way in your new home and country! I commend you in getting involved and settled as quickly as you have, I'm very proud of you-and as Donna says each time I say that-"but proud in the good way!"

Keep it up! You're doing brilliantly!
Bron