Sunday, October 10, 2010

Gliding

Angus finally had the time to build a glider he bartered Mr Brink for when we left South Africa.
It is the perfect excuse for a Saturday afternoon outing to the park!
The first time we took it out it had been raining for - well months!
So the ground was extremely waterlogged.
In one of my rare relaxed moments, I allowed the kids to splash in the puddles - it was probably more a case of you could not avoid the puddles anyway :-)

The kids had a blast - I am not sure my washing machine was all that happy with me when we got home though :-)
Here you can see how even the pathways were filled over with ground water.
I loved how the water reflected the sunset!



Launching - landing - running for the bungee.
Holly has been enjoying the afternoon run-abouts.

Craig and Paige joined us yesterday - I had some fun taking photos of the pretty princess in the evening light.
~
For more photos of the glider fun, click on the links below:
~

2 comments:

"The Theaart's" said...

We are very grateful to have the Grant family too.
Love you guys!

Lishe said...

i love your pics of the sunset reflecting in the water, they could win a prize!
so much fun that splashing in the puddles :D did you join them Sharon? Since it was hard to avoid them? :D
grtz from Belgium